By Chanda Temple
When I worked as a reporter, I always listened for quotes that sounded like music. They were words that blended so well together that they stayed with you well after the person stopped talking. Such motivational messages fed my soul and I figured they’d do the same for readers. It’s a practice I continue to do to this day.
Whenever someone makes a memorable comment, I write it down or punch it into my smartphone. I sometimes post them on social media or share them when I talk to students. They are a constant reminder to keep going after goals
Here are some of my favorites. I hope they inspire you today and always.
- “The best motivation is self-motivation. The guy says, ‘I wish someone would come by and turn me on.’ What if they don’t show up? You’ve got to have a better plan for your life.” – Jim Rohn
- “Peter was the only one who walked on water besides Jesus, but he was also the only one who got out of the boat. Until you make a decision to believe, and then act on it, nothing will happen.” — Joyce Meyer
- “Chase down your passion like it’s the last bus of the night.” – Terri Guillemets
- A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy.” – Mike Ditka
- “Face your potential. It’s been staring at you for far too long.” – Clifton Anderson
- ”Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the door.” – Unknown
- “Write what haunts you. What keeps you up at night. What you are unable to get out of your mind. Sometimes they are the hardest things to write, but those are often the things that are worth investigating by you specifically. . . ” – Edwidge Danticat
- “God never asks you to do something small. He’s a big dreamer.” – Rick Bezet
- “Don’t settle for average. You were made for greatness.” – Victoria Osteen
- “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” – Jospeh Campbell
- “The pressure you are facing is not going to break you. It’s going to make you.” – Victoria Osteen
- “Things never happen on accident. They happen because you have a vision, you have a commitment, you have a dream.” – Oscar de la Renta
- “Tiny tweaks can lead to big changes.” – Amy Cuddy
- “Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it.” – Rick Warren
- “Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.” – Ephesians 3:20
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29-11
Chanda Temple is a former reporter now working in public relations. She blogs about being better in business and more at http://www.chandatemplewrites.com. Follow her on Twitter at @chandatemple. Contact her at email@example.com.