By Chanda Temple
I recently attended a hair show in Birmingham, Ala., and I walked out with more than tips to get my hair in shape. I also walked away with good tips to boost my blog.
I’ve compiled a list of some of the best soundbites.
- Be inspired to love yourself in and out. – Deshonica Kerrie, hair show host and an Atlanta hair stylist of 22 years
- You can’t please everyone, so at the very least, you should please yourself. – Fashion Bomb Daily
- You have to own whatever you are wearing. Work it. And don’t forget to invest in quality undergarments to help you keep looking “snatched.” – Tami Reed, Altanta blogger of http://www.talkingwithTami.com
- Thinking about blogging? Don’t’ just go with one thing such as writing about natural hair. Expand your blogging topics so you can write about a variety of things. If you don’t write about more than one thing, you will get bored within the first three to four months. – Tami Reed, Altanta blogger of http://www.talkingwithTami.com
- Still trying to find your why? Figure out what you want to contribute to the world. – Fashion Bomb Daily
- If your “why” is blogging and you want to connect with other like minds, host your own girls’ night out, where you can gather and talk. Like minds are a powerful force. Go from there. – Tami Reed, Altanta blogger of http://www.talkingwithTami.com
- To find inspiration for new content, get out and live. Visit a museum, read a book, talk to people, go see a new movie. Being exposed to new art forms will create new thoughts. Art inspires art. You have to be inspired in order to write.